We recently sent you information regarding the brand new netball courts arriving in 2024 at the Elder Smith Reserve on Williamstown Road. This is an exciting development for the Port Melbourne Netball Club, creating brand new dedicated courts for our players and allowing for the future growth of our club.
The proposed redevelopment includes:
- Four new netball courts with lighting.
- A pavilion including new player and umpire change rooms that are inclusive for all, a first aid room, kitchen, social spaces and accessible public toilets.
- New onsite car parking.
We strongly encourage ALL MEMBERS, to click on the link below and add your positive feedback. The cut off date is Friday 24 March 2023.
The quick questionnaire is multiple choice however does provide an option for comments. Rather than leave this blank, we suggest you add some positive commentary. Below is a sample of just a few positive points you might like to include (feel free to copy and paste!):
- Great to see a Netball ONLY dedicated space for the growing number of players in the City of Port Phillip.
- The new facilities will provide a fantastic opportunity for local children and adults to exercise outdoors.
- The new facilities will help expand the PMNC, providing an all inclusive, all abilities sports option.
- The new facilities will create more jobs for our local youth including new roles for coaches and umpires.
- Onsite parking included on the plans is welcomed.
- Full facilities and upgraded clubroom will be well received by the club.
- New club bathrooms and change rooms will provide a safer environment for our children.
- Lighting on the courts will help to provide an all year round sporting experience.
- The new facilities will help to accommodate the influx of new players from the new housing projects in the Fisherman’s Bend precinct.