SECOND ACT WINE BAR (RYDGES HOTEL)
37 FITZROY ST, ST KILDA
SAT 28 JULY • 7 PM UNTIL LATE
$50 pp FOR 2HRS DRINKS & CANAPES
Theme: 'Christmas at St Kilda Beach'.
Best dress-up prizes, Ugly Christmas Sweater Competition.
Limited tickets - get in early.
(Note: at least $3 per ticket sale goes to our 'Burglary Recovery Fund')
Pia Martyn was awarded our Club Champion and Amelia Murphy the Spirit of Netball Award at our end of season celebration late last year. Congratulations Pia and Amelia - fantastic achievement!! You can read about the award criteria at the bottom of this post.
Pia Martyn - 2017 Club Champion
Pia is consistent in her positive and willing attitude, she encourages her team mates. She is open to work with anyone and is excited by new challenges and experiences.
Pia displays exemplary leadership through her willingness to fully participate in any activity. She assesses her own performance independently of the opposition, without placing blame on the opposition. She is encouraging and supportive of her teammates, through challenges such as having younger girls fill in, an incomplete team or playing out of position.
Pia has shown interest in progress of other teams and demonstrates a true 'club' mentality. She is the first to volunteer to help at club events. She has been with the club from inception and has shown consistent and measurable improvement.
Pia shows significant netball potential and, coupled with her work ethic and positive attitude, her netball career future is looking bright. Watch out Vixens! Pia gives her all at training and matches, and is happy to take on extra roles of responsibility.
"Pia is open to work with anyone and is excited by new challenges and experiences."
Amelia Murphy - Spirit of Netball Award
Amelia always turns up to training and games and gives it her all. She is focused, particularly at training, and listens to instructions and feedback. She is a pleasure to coach.
The other girls value her skills and indirectly, her attitude and effort is something that provides leadership to the other girls. She is not an overt leader, rather, leading by example.
Amelia is always respectful, even in the face of getting beaten (which happened a lot this season). She encourages other team mates without criticism.
Amelia has not missed a game this season. She arrives on time and will lead the way in drills. In terms of service, Amelia has played with the Club since inception. She will help out other teams when they need players, even if it means two full games in a row.
Amelia always gives it her all. Her skills make a difference in the mid-court to getting the ball down the court, and she will ALWAYS fight for the ball.
"Amelia is not an overt leader, rather, leading by example."
Club Champion (13/U upwards)
1. Attitude & work ethic: is inclusive; positive and encouraging; displays strong effort and self-discipline both at training and on game day.
2. Leadership on and off the court: is someone other players look up to.
3. Sportsmanship: is a team player; shows respect for their team mates, coach, umpires and opposition; displays a positive attitude no matter what the score is.
4. Contribution to the Club: participates in club activities; is willing to help with coaching/training etc.; helps out with other teams (where applicable); always trains and plays when they can.
5. Service: has shown dedication by playing at the Club for a number of seasons
6. Netball ability: Trains and plays netball to the best and fairest of their ability and regularly makes a significant contribution to the team.
Spirit of Netball Award (11/U and Parkville NSG)
1. Attitude & behaviour: is inclusive; displays a positive, enthusiastic and co-operative attitude both at training and on game day. Always tries their best.
2. Sportsmanship: is a team player; shows respect for their team mates, coach, umpires and opposition; displays a positive attitude no matter what the score is.
3. Commitment: participates in team/club activities; helps out with other teams (where applicable); always trains and plays when they can.
4. Netball ability: Trains and plays netball to the best and fairest of their ability and has shown significant improvement in their skills.
THANK YOU to all the parents who gave up their time to help out at Beach Netball, what a FUN day we had!
Congratulations to Shane and Kate and all the crew, it really was a fantastic event.
***********SEE YOU AT BEACH NETBALL - 2017************